A lovely alternative to fish pie and a speciality on the Andalusian coast. The flavours work really well together, adding a Mediterranean twist.
You will need (serves 6):
About 1 kilo of grouper fillets
3 medium potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
2 small green peppers
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
Handful of parsley
100ml extra virgin olive oil
100 ml white wine
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Slice the onions, tomatoes and potatoes (the potatoes should be sliced as thinly as you can)
2. Chop the garlic, peppers, and parsley
3. In a large oven proof casserole dish, pour in the oil and begin layering the ingredients.
4. Start with a layer of half the potatoes, then add a layer of half the garlic, parsley and peppers and season.
5. Add the sliced onions and the tomatoes, but keep a few tomato slices back.
6. Then place a layer of the remaining potatoes, peppers, garlic and parsley on top and season again.
7. Place the fish on top, adding the remaining tomatoes and pieces of the bay leaf.
8. Pour over the wine, cover and place in a moderate oven for about 30-40 minutes until the fish is cooked (remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of cooking)
9. Serve with a seasonal salad.