The quality of fresh cod available in our local fishmongers is amazing. Large succulent pieces at very reasonable prices. The key is minimal preparation because the flavour and texture speaks for itself.
You will need:
1 piece of cod per person
How to cook:
1. On a large greased baking tray, place a piece of foil just big enough for one piece of fish, with a little overlap.
2. Place the fish on top of the foil, add a little butter, salt and pepper and a handful of parsley.
3. Using another piece of foil, begin to make a parcel by placing it ontop of the fish and folding over the corners and edges, leaving one side open.
4. Pour into the parcel a little milk and seal the remaining side.
5. Do the same for the other pieces of cod.
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the fish, larger pieces will require a little longer.
7. When the fish is cooked it should flake apart but not be too dry.
8. Serve with sauteed potatoes, peas and lemon wedges.