A very special variation of the humble kebab which is easy to prepare and is a delicious treat.
You will need: (makes roughly 8 kebabs)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
100ml coconut milk
fresh chopped coriander
400g peeled prawns
8 cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated coconut
How to cook:
1. Into a frying pan, add the olive oil, onion and ginger and cook until the onion is soft.
2. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Leave to cool, sprinkle with coriander and transfer to a dish.
4. Add the monkfish, cut into chunks, and prawns to the dish and stir well to ensure an even coating. Cover and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
5. Make up the kebabs placing the monkfish and prawns alternatively on the skewer, finishing with one cherry tomato on each.
6. Cook on a grill or barbecue for a few minutes each side until the fish is cooked and continue to coat with the marinade during cooking.
7. Meanwhile, gently toast the coconut in a pan and then roll the cooked kebabs in the coconut to finish.
main meal: no