This wonderful recipe is a speciality from Jaen. A delightful twist with potatoes it makes a lovely warming side dish.
You will need (serves 6):
4-5 large potatoes
1 dried red pepper
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 litre water
salt to season
How to prepare:
1. Bring the water to boil in a saucepan, place the pepper in the pan and simmer for a few minutes then turn off the heat.
2. Leave the pepper for a little longer in the water and then remove when it has softened. (retain the water for later)
3. Place in a blender or mortar and mash well to get a nice pulp
4. Peel and slice the potatoes (not too thin)
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the potatoes on a very low heat without browning.
5. While the potatoes are cooking, peel the garlic, place in a mortar with the peppercorns and crush, then mix with the flour.
6. Add the salt, paprika and the water to the frying pan.
7. Put a little liquid from the pan into the mortar and mix well, then add the contents of the mortar to the pan.
8. Mix well and continue cooking until the potatoes are tender.
9. Before serving, let the dish set for a few minutes.
Main meal: as an accompaniment