This simple but wonderful dish makes a regular appearance in our local tapas bar. Ideal as a starter or tapa.
You will need:
1.5 kilo fresh prawns
1 chilli pepper
2 cloves garlic
teaspoon chopped oregano
teaspoon chopped parsley
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Wash and peel the prawns, leaving the tails on
2. Chop the chilli and garlic and bash together in a mortar with the oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Place the contents of the mortar into a large bowl, add the oil and vinegar and mix well.
4. Add the prawns to the bowl, mix together and leave to marinade for 5-10 minutes.
5. Grill or barbecue the prawns for 2 minutes either side until cooked.
6. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
main meal: no