The Andalusians have their own exceptional version of fried fish in batter. Tiny fish such as white bait and anchovies make for a sumptuous, quick tapas dish which is truly unlike the British version. The batter is light and crispy, while the fish inside tender and succulent.
You will need (serves 6)
1 Kilo anchovies
2 eggs beaten
How to cook
1. To clean the anchovies, gently pull off the heads and pull out the insides. Then rinse with clean water.
2. Put about half a litre of olive oil into a small deep saucepan and heat.
3. Meanwhile, dip the fish into the beaten eggs and roll in flour.
4. When the oil is very hot, fry the fish until they are golden brown (about 5-8 minutes)
5. Serve with crusty bread and tomatoes.
Main meal no