Add a mediterenean twist to your Sunday roast with this lovely loin of pork stuffed with the famous Serrano Ham. For a special treat, use the exquisite jamon iberico.
You will need:
half kilo of pork loin
100 grams of Serrano ham thinly sliced
100 grams of mushrooms
3 cloves garlic
2 eggs hard-boiled
One glass of red wine
Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
How to cook:
1. finely chop the parsley and garlic and wash and slice the mushrooms.
2. Heat about a cupful of olive oil in a casserole dish on the hob and lightly fry the garlic, mushrooms and parsley.
3. When the garlic is browned, add the loin to the casserole dish and fry on each side until browned on the outside.
4. Take off the heat and remove the meat.
5. Turn the meat so it is standing on its end. Then insert a long sharp knife into the meat just right of centre but don't let the knife come out the bottom. Continue the cut, moving the knife towards the left, but do not cut all the way through. You will be left with a hollow through the centre of the loin .
6. Scoop out the browned parsley, garlic and mushroom mixture and place in a bowl with the hard boiled eggs (finely chopped) and the slices of jamon serrano
7. Bind this mixture together.
8. Scoop out small amounts at a time and stuff into the hollow made in the meat.
9. Season the loin with salt and pepper and place back into the casserole dish.
10. Drizzle with olive oil and add the glass of wine to the dish.
11.Bake in the oven on a low heat for 45 minutes to an hour or until the meat is tender.
Can be served hot or cold.