Rabbit in red wine & Serrano Ham
You will need:
1 rabbit chopped into small pieces.
100 g of Serrano ham cut into samll chunks.
1 litre of red wine.
1 glass dry white wine.
4 spoonfuls of white wine vinegar.
1 Onion finely chopped
2 carrots cut into chunks.
1 bunch of parsley, two cloves garlic, 1 sprig of rosemary and 2 bay leaves.
Salt and wholegrain black pepper.
2 Spoonful of flour.
1 grass of “orujo” from Galicia
How to cook:
1. Into a large casserole dish, place the red wine, the vinegar four grains of black pepper, the carrots, a handfull of parsley, two bay leaves and the rosemary.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes, then take off the heat and allow to cool.
3. Add the rabbit and one glass of orujo to the casserole dish, cover and place in the fridge to marinade overnight or for at least 8 hours.
4. Once the rabbit is marinaded, remove from the marinade and transfer to another casserole dish. Place the casserole dish on the hob and cook on a high heat until the meat is browned.
5. Once browned, add the serrano ham, the garlic and the onion.
6. Continue to fry lightly and add a spoonful of flour, mixing well until the sauce thickens a little.
7. Finally, add a glass of white wine, two large ladles of the initial marinade and a glass of water, mix well.
8. Season and cook in the oven on a low heat for about an hour until the rabbit is cooked and tender.
9. Serve with seasonal vegetables.