A wonderfully vibrant and warming dish, using the freshest ingredients. The tomatoes are roasted creating a deliciously differnt style soup, perfect on cold winter days.
You will need:
6-8 large ripe tomatoes
1 large onion
1 red pepper
handful of fresh herbs, choose from rosemary, thyme or basil
1 pint chicken stock
salt and pepper to season
How to cook:
1. Grease the bottom of a large baking tray with olive oil
2. Peel the onion and cut into large chunks, roughly chop the pepper and slice the tomatoes in half.
3. Place all the ingredients onto the baking tray, add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven to cook for about an hour and a half. Don't worry if the tomatoes burn a little, it all adds to the flavour and texture!
5. When the ingredients are cooked and soft, remove from the oven and place in a large pan.
6. Blend all the ingredients together with a hand blender until you get a rough puree.
7. Add the chicken stock and cook gently until your soup is the desired thickness.
8. Serve with fresh bread