This heavenly roast lamb dish is an ideal winter warmer, packed full of traditional Spanish herbs and spices. It is easy to prepare and slow roasted resulting in succulent melt in the mouth meat full of the flavours of Spain.
You will need:
1 leg of lamb, sliced into chops.
Three or four medium potatoes.
1 large onion
2 green peppers
5 cloves of garlic
Whole black peppercorns
A few sprigs of rosemary and thyme
How to cook:
1. Grease the bottom of a large roasting dish with olive oil and lay the chops in the bottom.
2. Peel and finely slice the onion and potatoes and slice the peppers.
3. Lay the onion slices, then the peppers and potato slices over the lamb in the dish.
4. Peel and roughly chop the garlic then add to the dish.
5. Season with salt and the peppercorns.
6. Add the rosemary and thyme (no need to chop) and a final drizzle of olive oil.
7. Add just enough water to cover the ingredients.
8. Cook for two to two and a half hours on a very low heat, adding water if necessary during cooking.
9. This dish is best eaten Spanish style, place the tray in the middle of the table and serve with fresh bread and sides of seasonal vegetables.