This is my own take on a very popular tapas dish served in bars all over Andalucia. I served it in a unique way, typical of our village of Orce – on an old Spanish roof tile.
You will need:
8 small thin pork fillets or chops
8 cloves garlic
Hand full fresh parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and roughly chop the parsley.
2. In a shallow dish, place the fillets in the bottom, (doesn’t matter if they overlap).
3. Sprinkle the pork with the garlic and the parsley, cover with the lemon juice and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2 hours. (if you want a more subtle taste, reduce marinating time to one hour)
4. Cook on the barbecue for a few minutes each side until cooked through and tender.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve
For traditional “planchitas” cut each fillet into bite sized pieces before serving