The combination of ingredients creates a tender dish full of warm flavours
You will need:
4 chicken legs, separated into thighs and drumsticks
1-1/2 bulbs garlic
Reasonable size glass brandy
1 bay leaf
Paprika (I usually use mild paprika but you can use the hot version if you prefer)
How to cook:
1. Sprinkle the chicken with a generous amount of salt, pepper and paprika, then rub the seasoning into the chicken and leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
2. Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a large casserole dish or pot (The Spanish use a traditional olla) and slowly brown the chicken pieces on both sides. Add the garlic about halfway through this step.
4. When the chicken is browned add the brandy and bay leaf.
5. Cover and cook gently until the chicken is tender, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the pieces.
6. serve with rice or a salad.