Iberian ham is simply divine when cooked with chicken, the combination of flavours and the method of cooking results in a tender, succulent melt in the mouth dish.
You will need (serves 4)
4 medium sized chicken breasts
200g thin slices of Jamon Iberico de Bellota
How to prepare:
1. Slice the top off each chicken breast all the way from top to bottom so you are left with eight thin chicken fillets.
2. Cut each slice of Iberian ham lengthways down the middle so you have thin strips of ham
3. Make three long cuts in the middle of the fillet about 1cm apart, one above the other. Don’t cut all the way to the ends.
4. Take one strip of Iberian ham and thread it up and under through the chicken (like sewing) so you are left with a kind of lattice effect. Do the same with another thin strip. You should get two strips of ham in each fillet.
5. Once you have done all the chicken fillets, dust them lightly in flour.
6. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and gently brown the chicken on both sides.
7. Remove from the pan and place on a baking tray. Cook in a moderate oven for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is golden brown but still tender.