A mildly spicy, smooth, light dip perfect for an aperitif or buffet
You will need:
1 large jar of chickpeas (not dried)
175ml olive oil
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons hot paprika
How to prepare:
1. Place the chickpeas and the olive oil into a large bowl and blend into a smooth puree.
2. Add the salt and pepper and the cumin and blend again.
3. It is important to taste as you go, adding more cumin as necessary.
4. Pour into a traditional Spanish cazuela, sprinkling the top with a little more cumin and the hot paprika. Then place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set slightly
5. Serve with slices of raw carrot, cucumber, peppers and celery.