A light dish perfect for a quick evening meal which is easy to prepare and full of delicious sumptuous flavours.
You will need (serves 4):
6-8 thin pork fillets
2 bay leaves
¼ litre fino de jerez (or other similar dry) sherry
How to cook:
1. peel the onions and carrots and chop into small pieces
2. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the pork, then in a large frying pan, heat a little olive oil and brown off the pork fillets on either side. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same oil as the pork, gently fry the onions and carrots until soft, don’t allow them to go brown.
4. Return the pork to the pan, adding the bay leaves, sherry, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and cook gently for about 40 minutes, adding water if necessary, until the pork is tender and the sauce has reduced
Lovely served with savoury rice, boiled potatoes or salad.