A very simple recipe to liven up your chicken. Great on a summer afternoon when enjoying a few drinks with friends.
You will need (serves 4)
4 chicken breasts
one and a half pots of natural youghurt
one teaspoon of ground cumin
two tablespoons of white wine
two tablespoons of lemon juice
half a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
three tablespoons of olive oil
one small lettuce (iceberg is ideal)
eight slices of fresh wholemeal bread
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
1. In a large dish place the yoghurt, cumin, white wine,lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper and mix well.
2. Place the chicken breasts in the dish, ensuring they are covered with the mixture, cover and marinade for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the dish, shaking off excess marinade.
4. Cook the chicken on a grill or barbecue, marinading throughout cooking.
5. While the chicken is cooking, coat the bread with a little live oil and lightly grill.
6. Serve the chicken and bread on a bed of lettuce with wedges of lemon to garnish.
Main meal: yes
Next time: an exciting way to cook Dogfish, a recipe given to us by our local fishmonger.