You will need: (serves 6)
2 large tomatoes
half a lettuce
2 spring onions
generous serving of finely sliced Serrano ham
half a red pepper
ground black pepper
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh mint
Handfull of whole almonds
How to cook:
1. Wash the lettuce and cut into strips
2. Slice the tomatoes and cucumber
3. Finely chop the spring onion
4. Cut the pepper into thin slices
5. Arrange the ingredients on a large plate, beginning first with the lettuce adding a generous sprinkling of chopped mint to the lettuce.
6. Arrange the tomatoes round the edge in a circle topping with basil and black pepper.
7. Next add the cucumber and then arrange the slices of pepper around the outside edge of the plate and season with sea salt.
8. Place the Serrano Ham in the middle of the salad and top with the almonds.
9. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the salad to finish and serve with fresh bread.
Main meal: yes
A simple salad using your favorite Serrano Ham, ideal for lunches, starters or a midmorning appetizer.