This week's recipe contains two dishes we sampled at our local tapas bar over the weekend, the recipes were kindly explained by the chef. They really are simple to do and will add variety and taste to any lunch table.
Jamon Serrano with Melon
Combining fruit with Serrano Ham compliments the ham perfectly.
You will need:
half a chilled Spanish melon
thin slices of serrano ham
How to cook:
1. Remove the seeds from the melon and cut into slices.
2. Cut the flesh into cubes and cut away from the skin but keep the cubes resting on the skin.
3. Gently move the cubes alternatively from one side to the other.
4. Place thin slices of ham over each melon cube.
5. Simply serve and enjoy.
Served as a tapa or an accompaniment, this spicy potato dish will liven up any plate!
You will need (serves 4):
4-5 large potatoes
4 medium tomatoes
chopped chilli pepper (amount depends on taste)
How to cook.
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes
2. Boil until they begin to go soft. Drain and cook in a frying pan until golden brown.
To prepare the sauce:
1. Chop the tomatoes and blend until they resemble a thick soup.
2. Place in a pan and cook until the tomatoes reduce and thicken (15 mins)
3. Add the paprika, salt and chilli to taste and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Spoon the sauce over hot potatoes.
Main meal: no