This recipe is for a typical "sweet" traditionally made in Semana Santa, the Spanish Easter period.
You will need:
30g ground almonds
1 egg white
1 egg yoke
grated rind of half a lemon
How to cook:
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the egg white and the cinnamon.
2. When the mixture is bound together, take small pieces and mould them into sausage shapes.
3. Whisk the egg white until it begins to form peaks.
4. Roll the "sausages" first in the egg white and then in the cinnamon.
5. Fry the "sausages" in very hot oil for a few minutes to cook.
A delicious traditional treat at Easter