Friday is always a busy day in our local fishmongers. Today I bought some mackerel and was give this recipe to try. Cooking as I write!
You will need:
4 pieces of mackerel
4 small onions, thinly sliced
1 lemon thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to season
How to cook:
1. Clean and gut fish thoroughly but leave whole
2. In a large baking dish, cover the bottom with oil and then the sliced onions.
3. Place the fish on top of the onions and then top with the slices of lemon.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Cook in a medium oven for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
6. Serve in the same dish so you can dip your fresh bread into the sauce!
Main meal: yes