Gazpacho andaluz or cold tomato soup is a very typical summer dish and appears in restaurants and bars from about May. It is generally eaten as a starter and is very refreshing in the heat of the afternoon. I prefer it made with more water and served as a chilled drink.
You will need:
4 large tomatoes
1 small cucumber peeled
1 clove of garlic
half a small onion
1 small red pepper
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
water amount depends on desired consistency
ice cubes to serve
How to cook:
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes, pepper, onion and cucumber.
2. Finely chop the garlic
3. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl or food processor
4. Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
5. Add the oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper
6. Blend for a second time, adding water little by little until you achieve the desired consistency.
7. Serve in tall glasses with crushed ice.
Ideal as a refreshing starter or accompaniment to any meal