This dish is popular at any time of the year and can be served as a tapa or as a main meal.
You will need:
500g minced beef
3-4 cloves garlic
1 egg (beaten)
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 slices stale bread
How to cook:
1. In a blender or mortar, crush 2 cloves of garlic with the parsley and mix with a dash of white wine.
2. Place this mixture in a large bowl with the mince, mix well and then leave to stand for 20 minutes.
3. Place the bread in a shallow dish and cover with the milk. Leave to soak for a few minutes
4. Add the bread, egg, salt and pepper to the mince and knead until all the ingredients are mixed together.
5. Make small balls and roll each one in flour.
6. Cook in plenty of hot oil until they turn golden brown, drain and place in a casserole dish.
For the sauce:
1. Finely chop the onion and the remaining garlic
2. Using a little oil from the meatballs, gently fry the onion and garlic until they begin to brown.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and about half a glass of white wine.
4. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes
5. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and then place in a moderate oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Main meal yes